Final post:reflection

 At the beginning of the term when we were first introduced to digital arts, i was terrified but tried to remain calm. As we progressed into the term i felt terrible as i had extremely weak digital skills as i had never heard or experienced blogger or the other software we used to edit our work like pixlr. This resulted to many drawbacks. One of the drawback was that i could not use pixlr on m computer and felt useless trying to find other alternatives. Also i had a major issue with my blogger post as i was unsure of what i had to include in each post. This resulted to my worked being categorised as poor in my mind and de motivated me. I felt useless and did not know what to do. Until one day i had a very serious talk with my teacher Mrs Zoe that made me realise many things. One of them was that there is no i cannot do it as there is always a solution and also if i really wanted to progress as a fashion designer i have to show my passion and developed my skills and stop whining and start working. From that day i got myself together and realised that i have no time left to finish my major project and that my blog was behind. I started working hard, staying up late trying to learn how to use the software i used for my major project called photopea. The first step i took to progress and actually at the end of the day begin enjoying this lesson as i finally understood what i have to do was to scan templates and start sketching my ideas and linking it to inspiration. The second step i took was to scan everything and choose which looks i prefer. After i did that i decided to progress with 7 looks as they represented me more instead of the other sketches as ' quality over quantity'. Later on i started blogging each outfit separately with each look having its own colour palette, description and inspiration. Progressing i started digitalising everything on photopea trying my best not to give up. After i digitalised everything which was extremely hard work that i ended up loving i had to add everything up into 1 flipbook using flipsnack. This was the most 'emotional' part of the term as all of my hard work even if it was the last 2 weeks, the stress and fear came together to form something which expressed me and i found beautiful. After finishing with flipsnack i had to embed the video on wix which is the website that we had to create to present out final our. Again, i did not like this process in the beginning but ended up enjoying it and being proud of what i created and developed with my skills which i believe became stronger. Additionally the theme i had chosen was complex and frustrating as a lot of thought and connections to concepts had to be made. Overall term 1 in digital arts started off rough but i ended up loving it and appreciating it at the end of the term and i never believed i would say this. I hope and i will set it as my ultimate goal for term 2 is to not repeat term 1 mistakes such as leaving it for the last minute, not blogging every single thing, actually understanding what process means, not overpressure myself and make myself anxious and demotivated and the most important practise because practise makes perfect and allows you to be comfortable and express your ideas exactly as you want to. To conclude in term 2 i hope that i will develop my digital skills as this was just a small step and there are many more steps to reach the top of the staircase which i hope i will be able to reach with the help of Mrs Zoe.

Comments

Popular Posts