Set project: Project ideas&plan

 Name: Evdoxia Vasilis

Major project title:Earthly delights

Progression route: Fashion Design

Describe your major project objective using the SMART acronym 
 For my Set project during this term i have chosen earthly delights. Throughout the term i will be creating a collection revolving around my progression route which is fashion design. I will be creating 6 digital sketches just like last term which will be designs made out of sustainable materials to continue increasing awareness for pollution and the problems that come with it. Also the colour palette of each of the six designs will be based on problems such as wildfires, pollution, ozone layer, tsunami, deforestation and killing of animals. The software which i will be using is photopea as it suites me best last term and i managed to become familiar with it and like it. Also i will be using maquettes which i will be drawing the outline on them and later digitalise them onto the computer and onto the editing software. To finalise the collection i have about six weeks. My first ideas are to start by posting the colour palettes and their inspiration for each design, later on the sketch and afterwards the editing. This will result in approximately 3 posts for each design. The final digitalised collection will be placed on my website in a flipbook just like my last collection explaining the theme of the outfit, colour palette and material.

Why have you chosen to do this project?
I have chosen to do this project as i really love the earth and overtime it is dying slowly due to our actions as humans. Due to my progression route being fashion design i decided to incorporate the problems caused by pollutions or humans which connected to fashion it is caused due to "fast fashion". Additionally i want to raise more awareness regarding sustainability and to shine light on the fact that investing in a product that is more pricey and better quality hence it will last more years is a better action in protecting our home which is more important.



Who are you researching for this project? Please list at least three artists and/or designers and your additional research on your concept 
I will be researching Stella McCartney, Mara Hoffman and Eileen Fisher . I will also be researching the cause of wildfires and the process in which it happens meaning the causes, what follows and the end meaning the devastation etc, which will be the colour palettes in the designs. Also i will be looking at sustainable materials and trends for spring/summer 2021.



What techniques/skills are you developing/learning for this project?
I will be enhancing my digital skills, my knowledge regarding the earth and sustainability revolving around fashion. Also i will be developing my research skills and look at as many sources as possible.



What do you expect the final outcome of the project to be?
I expect the final outcome to be a sustainable high end collection of six pieces which will be named after stages of wildfires and have colour palettes inspired by the colours of fire etc. Nevertheless the outfits will be connected with a chain in order to show that our actions always have consequences.



What have you completed so far for this project?
For the moment i have planned my research and i have a visual of the designs. 



What do you think will be the issues/drawbacks to the project?
I do not believe there will be any issues except some technical issues.



What is your timescale considering that this has to be completed by Week 10?

Week Three:  This week which is week 3 i will be researching the trends for 2021 spring/summer and see which elements i will be able to incorporate into my work. Also i will begin looking at the causes of wildfires and try exploring the colours.



Week Four: I will begin researching sustainable materials and artists and  see how they are made and why they are considered sustainable. 



Week Five: I will begin visualising my pieces and try posting individually the materials i will need, the inspiration for each piece and colour palette.



Week Six: I will create my logo but i have not decided which software to use still. I will begin drawing my designs on paper and scanning them into a digital form.



Week Seven: I will begin digitalising the pieces and post the steps for each piece on my blog.



Week Eight: I will continue digitalising the pieces and blogging the process.



Week Nine: I will put my designs into a flipbook along with the logo and write the commentary .


What resources or materials will you need for this project?
I will need pieces of paper, maquettes on paper, felt pen and my computer including a mouse and software.


Draw a picture/Write a sentence/sketch a story/write a dialogue that captures the essence of your project
The essence of my project will be calm, wearable, comfortable and earthy.

Comments

  1. Good well written plan with lots of detail - I do think though that the issues/drawbacks section you could have elaborated more

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts