Body outline

 In class we had to complete a body outline and fill it in with our childhood and teen memories. We also had to add our most vivid memories and personality traits.

Below is mine:

This project was hard to do as my history is a very sensitive matter to me and this project was hard to open up to without crying. From what i remember from my childhood is me playing with my twin sister and generally being a very happy and hopeful child. This faded away growing up as my parents divorced and i had no contact with my father. Later on my mother married another man which i felt was my real father even if he was my stepfather. He was killed outside of our home many years ago. Whenever i say his name i drop to tears as i remember our memories and never having a chance to say goodbye. This traumatised me and left many blanks in me. I tried to find myself or even make him proud by playing the violin, piano, flute and learning french. I later on stopped and started playing tennis and working out. It made me happy as i could take my mind off reality. Growing up i became happier as my stepbrother was born and started speaking to my father again but later on stopped due to personal reasons. I gave up trying to become a doctor when my grandmother which i live dearly became sick and lost full ability to speak. I became depressed as i could not bear the fact that everyone i love is leaving me in different ways. I took this pain out by partying, trying things i should not have been and smoking. I then fell in love with a guy which in the end betrayed me as he began abusing me physically and mentally. I could not bear myself as I lost myself and began going to the psychologist. I began finding myself again and portray the pain i have been through, through my designs but also portray the hope that was always there even if it was deep down. Overall i have found this exercise hard but helpful as i now really understand true research on artists and matters as when researching you have to find the source of the cause and what outcome it had. Also peoples history plays a major role in  their art and work as it has many influences.


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts