Set project: Trends spring/summer 2021

 Starting my research for this set project, i began looking at the trends for spring/summer 2021.

The first trend i looked at was Oversized Shoulderpad Boyfriend Jackets. I really love this trend as i believe its timeless and diachronic. I also believe it gives any regular outfit character and gives the illusion of a waist and long legs.

Another trend which is controversial from my end is fringed and yellow bags. I am not a really big fan of fringes nor yellow bags but their concept matches perfectly with the colour palettes which i will be using hence i believe i will incorporate them in my designs.





The 1990s are now making a comeback. I really love the 1990s  trends are they simple but still effortlessly sexy. Additionally similar to this trend is minimalism. I really like minimalism and it is directly synced with my concept as sustainable clothing is minimal most of the time and accentuates the body shape.

                                                   Acne Studios, Jacquemus, Givenchy
                                                              Chloé, Prada, Sportmax



Another trend which i will incorporate is slinky black dresses but also their style which i adore and is timeless.





Also Red is now in fashion for spring/summer 2021.
I can incorporate red into my collection as it is the major colour of fire found in the core.




The last trend i will be including in my collection are Tie-dyes. I enjoy working or even looking at tie dyes as i find them fascinating and fun. Also it works with my theme as it can be incorporated into fire colours.










Comments

  1. Good work on the trends here - this shows a good understanding of the fashion market at present

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts